When my husband and I make salads, we make 'em big with lots of toppings. The toppings are (not surprisingly) my favorite part. A while back, I really wanted croutons on my salad and we had none. Thus, homemade parsley and garlic croutons were born.
Want to make your own? You'll need:
• 2 TBSP of butter (you can use less)
• 1 slice of bread (I used whole wheat, it's great with white too)
• a generous dash of parsley flakes
• a generous dash of garlic salt
You'll also want:
• A cookie sheet & oven
• A microwave safe bowl or measuring cup
1) Preheat your oven to 350. I use my toaster oven. Melt the butter in a microwave safe bowl or measuring cup. Add a generous dash of parsley and garlic salt. (I probably "dash" the spices 5 or so times into the melted butter)
4) Remove them carefully and let them cool for a bit. Add them to your big flippin' salad with other toppings (in this salad, I used chopped chicken, cranraisins, a bit of celery, a boiled egg, cucumber, tomato...) and enjoy!